Courtesy 2011 NFL Kickoff Guide
NFL on Fox Schedule
- Joe Buck/Troy Aikman/Pam Oliver
- Kenny Albert/Daryl Johnston/Tony Siragusa
- Thom Brennaman/Brian Billick/Laura Okmin
- Dick Stockton/John Lynch
- Chris Myers/Tim Ryan
- Ron Pitts/Jim Mora
- Sam Rosen/Chad Pennington
- Gus Johnson/Charles Davis/Tim Brewster
Things of note
- Italics denotes sideline reporter. Only the first three crews' sideline reporters are set
- Buck will be calling the MLB postseason and will not call games during weeks 5-7. Brennaman will fill in for Buck during these weeks and Rosen will fill in for Brennaman.
Now for my analysis on the crews.
- I'm generally one of the few that actually likes Joe Buck. I think he's better on baseball than he is on football but I generally find him to be an adequate NFL play-by-play. Have no problems with Aikman as an analyst although I wish he would put in more effort to break down line play.
- I used to not be a fan of Albert but he has grown on me for football and I know think he is solid. His best sport is hockey obviously but he is a solid football play-by-play. I also really enjoy Johnston's analysis but too many times he gets into silly banter with Siragusa. Speaking of the devil, Siragusa is awful. He brings no actual analysis to the table and is just a goof.
- Brennaman will always be remembered for his Tim Tebow lovefest but I like him as a football announcer. He is better at baseball but he is a fine play-by-play on football, although I do wish he would show a little more excitement for big plays. Billick has blossomed into a pretty good analyst.
- Stockton was pretty good back in the day but now he is awful. He is just too old and senile and should retire before he hurts his legacy even more. Lynch is a solid analyst.
- I still can't believe Fox is putting Myers on a regular crew. The man has no idea how to call a game and is just a disaster in the booth. This and this were some of the worst calls I have ever heard. I feel bad for Ryan, who is my favorite Fox analyst, for going from a professional in Sam Rosen to this clown.
- Pitts was an underrated analyst but he is just bad as a play-by-play guy. I do give him credit for putting in the effort but he just does not have the flow of the game down to be a solid play-by-play. Mora isn't anything special.
- This crew will only call about eight games but it has the potential to be a good one. Rosen is my favorite Fox play-by-play because he gives you all that you need to know, the personnel on the field as well as the tackler, while still giving you the excitement for a big play. Hockey guys always make good announcers. Pennington has never worked as an analyst before but he does have the potential to be a very good one as he is very bright and well spoken.
- As I've said before, I'm not the biggest fan of Gus Johnson on football but the guy is a natural at calling exciting plays. Davis is a solid analyst and underrated as well.
And now hear this: