29 May 2010
The Celtics have won the Eastern Conference. The Lakers have won the Western Conference. The Celtics have 17 NBA championships while the Lakers have 15.
This will be the twelfth time these storied NBA franchises will meet in the NBA Finals. So who will prevail?
My predictions have been a disaster this season. I picked the Cavs to win the Finals, then picked the Magic to win, and both have lost to the Celtics.
However, I'm still picking the Lakers regardless.
Lakers over Celtics 4-3
One of my all time favorite actors passed today. Dennis Hopper died today from prostate cancer. Perhaps you have seen from Easy Rider (which he directed). Or perhaps from Blue Velvet (in which he shoots off one of my favorite lines, one that I like to say to people when they order a certain type of beer), the greatest basketball movie of all time, a movie with Keanu Reeves that is actually good, getting killed by Jack Bauer in season 1 of 24, even dealing out retirement advice. He will be missed greatly.
May 17, 1936 – May 29, 2010
28 May 2010
27 May 2010
This is a compliation of some cool and bizarre golf shots.
Here is my boy Fuzzy Zoeller with a very unusual hole in one
A very young Tiger Woods at Scottsdale
Phil Mickelson can do tricks
One of the best shots I have ever seem...plus my boy Verne Lundquist
An unfortunate putt for Phil Mickelson
Tiger with the Eagle
John Senden's Albatross
Tiger on the Island Green...from 60 feet
My Predictions for The Greatest Spectacle in Racing
1. I guarantee that Danica Patrick will not win. Someday maybe people will realize but she is not very good. And thus will not win on Sunday.
2. Tony Kanaan will make his way up to the front, quickly. Despite a terrible qualifying effort, Kanaan will be racing among the leaders. Remember he has led in 7 of the last 8 Indy 500s.
3. Call me crazy but I think John Andretti will finish higher than Marco Andretti.
4. Looking for a possible dark house? Try Vitor Meira, who nearly won the race in 2008.
5. Alex Tagliani put together an awesome qualifying run, but I don't expect him to be competing for the win.
6. I do believe that Graham Rahal could win this race in a one-race deal for his father but I would not expect it.
7. Watch out for Ed Carpenter, not just because he can win the race (which he definetly could) but also because he has one of my favorite golfers sponsoring him.
8. Will a woman possibly win? No.
9. And here are my picks.
Favorite: Dario Franchiti
Sleeper: Dan Wheldon
Dark Horse: Vitor Meira
24 May 2010
The Chicago Blackhawks and the Philadelphia Flyers will meet in the Stanley Cup finals.
Judging by how my predictions have been a complete disaster, it is a shock that my Stanley Cup champion prediction is actually playing for the Cup (despite my prediction for their opponents losing in the first round).
As incredible as the Flyers have been, being the first 7 seed to make the Finals since 1999 (An 8th seed did make the Finals in 2006), I am sticking with my guns and picking the Blackhawks to take the Cup for the first time since 1961.
Prediction (sure to be wrong)
Chicago Blackhawks defeat the Philadelphia Flyers 4 games to 2 to win Lord Stanley's Cup.
When CBS News asks if she is naked, that is when you know that Venus Williams' outfit has stirred some controversy. Venus, at the French Open, wore a very odd outfit that exposed quite a bit of her body during her match. And apparently photographers were on the ground trying to get pictures under her little outfit.
Yes, paparazzi are that scummy.
Is this whole thing being overblown? Of course it is. Who really cares what she wears? Unless she is naked, it really is not a big deal.
Actually it is kinda funny to be honest. Tennis has seen some weird outfits over the years and this ranks near the top of the list. And another sport sees a lot of weird outfits.